The Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Washer FH50150 is a carpet cleaner that has a small weight and packs in much cleaning power that competes Hoover’s most favored SteamVac F5914-900. Being a newer model of Hoover’s upright carpet cleaners line (since Oct 2012), it incorporates a streamlined and advanced design that makes it extremely easy to operate and lightweight.
Reading this review, you will get to know its main benefits and features, customer reviews, what users like best and what distinguishes it from other best-rated home use cleaning machines for carpets.
SpinScrub® Technology– The manufacturers of the Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Washer FH50150 has incorporated Hoover’s Spin Scrub technology that has been tested and proven. Spinning in a rotating 360-degree manner, the brushes clear out high traffic and the most difficult pet stains, which are embedded into the carpet. It has the first-rate level of deep cleaning.
- Removable brushheads– You can easily dismantle the brushes after each cleaning so debris caught in them such as hair can be cleared out without much effort. Thanks to this easy maintenance is The brushes can be kept in ideal condition for many other cleanings.
- Great Horsepower– The appliance’s operating power is 10 Amps. It is rather high as a professional grade machines (the Rug Doctor and others), run on the power that is only a tad less.
- Light Weight– The machine’s weight is about 19 lbs. None of the machines in its class has lighter weight, yet it has enormous cleaning power. Its cleaning nozzle width is rather great (11.25 inches), the same as the Hoover Steamvac Carpet Cleaner With Clean Surge F5914-900 has.
- Separated Tanks for Clean & Dirty Water– This feature allows you easier filling and changing of the water. You won’t have any hassles with mixed-up water.
- Hot Water Cleaning– Users prefer to use hot water when doing cleaning as it provides more effective and faster cleaning.
- Rinse Only Mode/Separate Detergent Compartment– If you clean your carpet with detergent, the unit will make it easier to rinse it off your carpet as you shouldn’t refill the whole tank with clean water just for rinsing. For parents of children and pet owners, it is great news, as they feel safer that their carpets keep fewer soap chemicals within.
- Lots of Handtools– The equipment set consists of a great variety of hand tools, with which you will be able to clean out every corner of your home, upholstery, as well as car rugs and upholstery. Aside of a powerful SpinScrub hand tool, you will also get an upholstery tool, stair tool, and crevice tool. Moreover, it includes the flexibility due to the 8-foot hose. It is amazingly easy to attach the tools and put them in action. You’ll also get a mesh storage bag for keeping all the hand tools, that’s why it can be conveniently hung or just placed in the storage room.
- Long length of the cord – This appliance power cord of is 20-feet long. It allows you to do lots of cleaning without the need to unplug or move it.
- 2-Year Warranty– Hoover offers a warranty for two There are a great number of Hoover’s authorized service centers spread across the country that are quite good about providing the warranty they offer.
Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Washer FH50150 Reviews
The Best Cleaning Performance
The Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Washer FH50150 is highly-rated in cleaning performance. It is even compared to the Rug Doctor by one user and is believed to obtain similar results though the price of this appliance is a number less. It provides the cleaning results that are highly talked over by a lot of pet owners, who have horrendous stains.
Whether it was juice or coffee stains or even a pet poop accident, this machine has been believed to work wonders as it is incorporated with the SpinScrub technology. These are some comments taken from user reviews: “high traffic areas sprang back life”, “took out the entire stain on my off white carpet”, “made a world of difference”. It has been ranked the top machine thanks to its outstanding cleaning performance alongside the Hoover SteamVac.
Easy To Use & Assemble – Updated Engineering & Design
You can easily assemble the Hoover Power Scrubber, and its handling is smooth and convenient. There is nothing complicated about filling and draining the water tanks. Being the newest Hoover appliance, it benefits from the Hoover engineers’ knowledge base, and the consumers feedback from previous models. However, the upgraded design and features still miss the mark sometimes. In any case, since late 2012 when this model was released, most of customer reviews have been predominantly positive in terms of reliability and easiness of this machine.
Those who owned the older models of Hoover carpet cleaning appliances had some problems with snapping the lid and tank in perfect alignment sometimes, and this led to complaints of leaking. In new models, this problem has been solved, and there isn’t an issue to worry about anymore.
Worked on Plush & Berber Carpets
According to the users’ reviews, this machine works successfully on both Shag/Plush and Berber type of carpets. It has been also tried on frieze carpeting and showed a rather good performance. We made tests for this appliance on both Plush/Shag and Berber carpets and can say honestly that it worked well on both.
Still, Hoover itself tries to refrain from saying that their appliances will definitely perform on all types of carpets. However, the Hoover Power Scrub manual doesn’t contain any explicit warnings in terms of carpet exceptions. If you are in doubt, it’ll be better to call directly their customer support. The manual warns about cleaning only upholstery marked with “W/S” or “W” for cleaning. Some upholstery should only be dry-cleaned, that’s why you can’t use a wet cleaner brush to clean it.
Fast Carpets Drying
Many users claim that after using this appliance, their carpets dry really fast. The time varies; according to some users’ reviews, the average time can take about 3 hours. Plush or thick pile carpets usually dry longer than low pile carpets. Still, if you have a really plush carpet, it can take you over a day to get it dry, even using this appliance.
The Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Washer FH50150 is equipped with a mechanism that provides hot air to your carpet, making it dry faster. The unit is also supplied with Hoover’s Max Extract DualV Nozzle Technology that helps to pull out the water of the carpets thanks to its suction power.
This carpet-cleaning appliance is compact and lightweight for its class of units; that’s why it is easy to move it around and store. Its weight is less than 19 lbs, which makes it the lightest machine you may find in the home deep carpet cleaners class. It is loved by many users thanks to its ability to maneuver easily, and thus it is less intimidating for rolling out and putting to use. If you have a multistoried home, it is the best choice for you.
Before and After Cleaning
There may be a lot of filthy patches of carpet in the house, especially near the kitchen area. The Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe FH50150 enables you to remove many spots and stains and refresh it a bit.
If you clean your carpet with this appliance, its original state doesn’t change. However, the cleaning does make the carpet look a little bit brighter.
Though the carpet cleaner provides a decent result, it’s harder to remove old spots and stains. So, if we can give you a piece of advice, try to clean your carpets once a year if not more frequently. The point is the longer the stains and dirt languish, the more effort it takes you to remove it. Moreover, it wears down the threads of the carpet and makes the carpet look not so bright.
Other Top Rated Hoover Carpet Cleaners Comparison
We have mentioned earlier that the Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Washer FH50150 is a newer model to the Hoover carpet cleaners’ line. This model construction and design have clearly addressed some less popular older models’ characteristics. Compared to other favored Hoover carpet cleaner models, we have distinguished some advantages and disadvantages to consider:
- Easy for usage– There is nothing complicated about assembling the machine and snapping in the tanks. The brushes can be simply maintained since they are removable. Customers’ reviews and feedback prove that this model can probably be considered the easiest to use comparing to the Max Extract and Hoover SteamVac models.
- Good construction– The design of the appliance is streamlined, and all its parts fit well. The unit looks well-built and sturdy.
- Lightweight– This machine weight is about 19 lbs., which makes it the lightest Hoover home carpet-cleaning appliance of the similar power of cleaning.
- Best Handtools– Among all the Hoover carpet cleaning appliance for home, this unit has the most complete and best assortment of tools. And you can clean everything well: from crevices to nooks and stairs, sofas and other upholstery, car mats, and car upholstery.
- Low Cost– The Power Scrub Deluxe FH50150 price has declined over the last year, probably because has been sold so greatly currently. It costed about $40 more compared to the Hoover SteamVac equipped with Clean Surge F5914-900. Which is older but still very favored, but in 2015, the difference in price is only up to $10. So, it’s better to verify the pricing before purchasing, as it is constantly changing.
- Smaller capacity– Due to being a cleaner with a lighter weight, it also has a disadvantage of having lower capacity. Its path width coverage and water tank capacity are similar to the Hoover SteamVac with Clean Surge F5914-900, but compared to the Max Extract models such as the Hoover MaxExtract 60 PressurePro, it is smaller.
- Hard to see the clean water level– The tank for clean water is transparent but dark, so you can hardly tell when it is empty, and it’s time for refilling. Fortunately, the appliance is equipped with the function of shutting the suctioning down if the tank for dirty water is filled up so that there won’t be the dirty water overflowing.
- No speed options for multiple brushes– There is only one speed, on which the machine operates. It’s not a point for most users, but we have decided to pay attention to it writing our review if you’d like to know about it.
Things to Search For:
- Review the manual provided.The manual usually contains lots of helpful pieces of advice and guidance to help you to use your appliance on the maximum. The Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Washer FH50150 manual is fun to read and more user-friendly than that of earlier models. It is also illustrated with lots of pictures.
- Clean the brushheads.After having done the carpet cleaning, don’t forget to clean the brushes. You can easily remove the brushhead assembly. You may put them under running water for cleaning out the debris. Thanks to such cleaning, hair, and other debris won’t hamper the brushes’ movement in the next performance.
- Usage of the Hoover branded detergent only.According to Hoover’s recommendations, it’s better to use cleaning detergent of the same brand with this appliance. It ensures maximal performance for the cleaner, and moreover, prevents the possibility of damage to the unit. The user manual recommends such cleaning solutions for the Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Washer as:
- Hoover PetPlus Concentrated Cleaning Solution (for heavily soiled carpets or pet owners );
- Hoover CLEANPLUS 2X Concentrated Carpet and Deodorizer Cleaning Solution (for regular cleaning).